Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Review: Nimona

       Nimona by Noelle Stevenson


Release Date: May 12th, 2015
Read: September 2015
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: Paperback, 272 pages

Description from Gingerhaze:
    Lord Ballister Blackheart has a point to make, and his point is that the good guys aren't as good as they seem. He makes a comfortable living as a supervillain, but never really seems to accomplish much - until he takes on a new sidekick, Nimona, a shapeshifter with her own ideas of how things should be done. Unfortunately, most of those ideas involve blowing things up. Now Ballister must teach his young protégé some restraint and try to keep her from destroying everything, while simultaneously attempting to expose the dark dealings of those who claim to be the protectors of the kingdom - including his former best friend turned nemesis, Ambrosius Goldenloin.

Review: This isn't the first time I've read Nimona, but I'm so glad I get to review and own it as a physical copy. It is amazing. Gorgeous art, beautiful plot lines, adorable characters.
   My favourite part of this book is the sweet father-daughter relationship that develops between Lord Blackheart and Nimona, because it gives a sort of warmth and coziness to the story that just piques the perfection. And don't get me started on the humour, because you will snort with laughter at least twice.
   I've convinced most of my friends to read this book, and they loved it. Even if they didn't normally read graphic novels, or fantasy. I guarantee you will like this.

Quotable Quotes:
"I'm not a kid. I'm a SHARK." - Nimona

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Read if you liked: Fangirl, Harry Potter, Carry On, the Lumberjanes, Anya's Ghost

Optimistically yours, Ola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment